ST. MICHAEL’S CHURCH IN LIMERICK
This fine Italianate church, with Romanesque architectural features, was designed by the Limerick architect Martin Morris (1823-1901). It was a rebuilding of a penal chapel. The Arthur family donated the land for the original church, which now forms part of the south transept. As a place of worship and a feature within the streetscape, this is a significant structure adding a religious element to a largely commercial and retail district. The parish of Saint Michael's is one of the five original parishes of Limerick City. Saint Michael's was a joint parish of Saint John's until 1704 when Father Murtagh O'Hehir became the first parish priest of the new parish. Saint Michael's helped lead the creation of Newtown Pery.
SORRY FOR THE DELAY