PAINT-A-BOX STREET ART [IN FAIRVIEW]
Fairview is a coastal suburb of Dublin and it is in the jurisdiction of Dublin City Council. Part of the area forms Fairview Park on land reclaimed from the sea.
Neighbouring districts include Marino to the north, North Strand and Ballybough to the west, East Wall to the southwest, and Clontarf to the east.
Fairview began to grow after the building of Annesley Bridge in 1797 opened up easy access to the land.
Administratively, Fairview and Marino were part of the old townland of Clonturk, which also included Drumcondra.
Fairview Strand was formally known as Owen Roe Terrace and Philipsburgh Strand. Philipsburgh Avenue was called Ellis’s Lane and a small area around there was known as Annadale, home to one of Dublin’s earliest Jewish communities. Annadale House was located in an estate that now comprises Melrose Avenue, Lomond Avenue, Waverly Avenue, and Inverness Road.
On Fairview Strand, near Luke Kelly bridge, is Dublin’s oldest Jewish Cemetery, Ballybough Cemetery. The graveyard was built in 1718, with a mortuary chapel added in 1857 (the Hebrew date 5618 is inscribed on the front), and contains more than 200 graves. The last burial there was in 1958.