ST. VINCENT'S PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE - NORTH MALL CORK
The first St Vincent's Bridge was a temporary footbridge which was put in place in 1862. While St Patrick's Bridge was being built that timber footbridge had been used to connect Merchant's Quay and St Patrick's Quay. The present St Vincent's Bridge was opened in 1878. Finance for the construction of the bridge was provided for under the terms of the Cork Improvement Act of 1875. It is a pedestrian bridge providing access to the North Mall and Sunday's Well from the junction of Bachelor's Quay and Grenville Place. The steel lattice girder structure is supported by two pairs of concrete-filled caissons, each of them reinforced with steel scissor braces. The concrete decking of the bridge is rests on bolted steel plates. It takes its name from the nearby St Vincent's Church.
SORRY FOR THE DELAY