Famous Dublin Pub – Poolbeg Street
Image by infomatique
Mulligan’s was founded in 1732 and the exterior of the pub still maintains its original vintage lettering on the windows and over the door.
Mulligan’s was associated with the Theatre Royal which was located across the street and its walls are decorated with posters and photographs of that period. In addition to autographed photographs of Kennedy and Judy Garland, the walls have showbills going back to the early 19th Century.
Mulligan’s is featured in James Joyce’s Ulysses.
The pub also houses a plaque commemorating “The Society For the Preservation of The Dublin Accent” that held their meetings at Mulligan’s.