This site is hosted by Fotonique and all photographs have been supplied by William Murphy who is based in Dublin
To date William Murphy [under the name Infomatique] has published more than 143,000 photographs via FLICKR.COM and all of them are available for download.
I operate under the Name ‘Infomatique’ and sometimes as ‘White-Cat’ so you may now be wondering why my domain is ‘Fotonique’ rather then ‘Infomatique’, The short answer is that my original site was www.infomatique.org [and it is still operational] but I always had a speed problem as well as capacity issues which could only be solved by switching to a premium hosting service.
WPENGINE is the service that I use and recently they established their technical support operation in Limerick … I have met the CEO and the crew a number of times and I will try to visit their new operation the next time I am in Limerick.
In order to gain more speed I am now in the process of switching to PHP 7.
“I am based in Dublin but the bulk of my followers are based in the US, Canada or Germany” – William Murphy
What about ‘White-Cat’ … a white cat was my first digital photograph and I adopted the image as my logo. The cat was photographed in Cork back in 2006.
William’s photographs are featured in a large number of publications and have also feature on TV, in exhibitions and in advertising campaigns.
Two of the most recent books:
- The Revolutionary and Anti-Imperialist Writings of James Connolly, 1893-1916 (Key Texts in Anti Colonial Thought) 1st Edition
- Dublin 101 Interesting Facts Paperback
MAIN MENU – HOSTED BY FOTONIQUE
- THE STREETS OF DUBLIN
- THE MAIN FOTONIQUE SITE [IRELAND NORTH AND SOUTH]
- THE STREETS OF BELFAST
- THE STREETS OF CORK
- THE STREETS OF LIMERICK
- THE STREETS OF GALWAY
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY BY WILLIAM MURPHY
- SCULPTURE IN CONTEXT – 2016 EXHIBITION IN THE BOTANIC GARDENS [HIGHLY RECOMMENDED]
- THE STREETS OF WATERFORD 2016 VISIT
- THE STREETS OF KILKENNY 2016 PLUS PREVIOUS VISITS
MAIN MENU – STREETS OF IRELAND [STREETSOFIRELAND.COM]
MAIN MENU – STREETS OF DUBLIN [STREETSOFDUBLIN.COM]
- THE STREETS OF DUBLIN
- TO SEE AND DO
- DUBLIN DOCKLANDS
- DUBLIN TRANSPORT SYSTEM
- CHURCHES AND GRAVEYARDS
- DUBLIN – TOWNS AND VILLAGES
- CREATIVE COMMONS STATEMENT AND CONDITIONS
- PUBLIC ART
- MAJOR CITIES
MAIN MENU – BELFAST
- VISITOR’S GUIDE THO THE CITY OF BELFAST
- STATUES MEMORIALS AND MONUMENTS IN BELFAST
- URBAN EXPRESSION AND DEPRESSION [STREET ART AND GRAFFITI INCLUDED]
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY
MAIN MENU – PUBLIC ART INCLUDING STATUES, MEMORIALS, MONUMENTS AND SCULPTURE
- EXAMPLES OF PUBLIC ART IN DUBLIN
- EXAMPLES OF PUBLIC ART IN BELFAST
- EXAMPLES OF PUBLIC ART IN CORK CITY AND COUNTY
- EXAMPLES OF PUBLIC ART IN LIMERICK
- EXAMPLES OF PUBLIC ART IN GALWAY
- EXAMPLES OF PUBLIC ART IN WATERFORD
- EXAMPLES OF PUBLIC ART IN KILKENNY
Dublin 101 Interesting Facts Paperback – June 1, 2016
This book features many of my photographs and I would very much appreciate it if you purchased a copy.
“Dublin 101 Interesting Facts” is a fascinating insight into the people, places, culture and events that make Dublin such a unique capital. This book will guide you through the lives of famous Dublin people and their contribution to world changing events. County Dublin’s history, music, nature, sports, geographical interests and famous sights are all waiting for you to explore. These are just some of the individual facts that make Dublin such a remarkable place. Inside the book you will find the complete list of 101 “Interesting Facts”